We had a group of 100 students visit the EEC today. I had a lot of work to do in the office, so I was about to decline to join the tours. But with a little convincing, I decided to follow along and take pictures.
Two by two throughout the EEC
What stunned me most was one little word from a girl at the back of the line.
She said wow.
The first time she said it was at the entrance of the garden which has some tall palm trees.
The next time was when she saw the pond with multiple fountains.
It was the first time she had seen this type of landscape and she was amazed by what she was seeing.
Being on this beautiful campus everyday makes it easy to forget wonder that accompanies seeing a beautiful landscape for the first time.
I forget that some of these kids have never seen a body of water before. I forget the sight of multiple green trees that are not olives is not common.
I come from a family that has spent more vacations in a tent then in hotels. I have had access to kayaks and water whenever I want. I lived in a state that uses 90% of its land for agriculture, so most of the landscape I grew up with was green.
I have always grown up with beautiful natural landscapes filling my senses. I forget that many of the people that visit the EEC have not had the opportunities I have had.
I am so thankful that one girl reminded me with one word that each person holds a unique experience of life.
Wow.
The fascination of seeing a bird up close for the first time
Smile........
ReplyDelete